These Start.io Advertiser Agreement General Terms (“General Terms”) govern your engagement with Start.io Inc. or other entity in Start.io Group (“Start.io,” “we” “our”), in an Order (or Orders) for using Start.io Solution, subject to these General Terms, and are a legally binding and enforceable agreement between you (“Advertiser” or “you”) and Start.io.
Subject to these General Terms, you may access, participate in or use Start.io Solution available to you at: https://portal.start.io, for the purpose of: (i) displaying and delivering of Advertisements provided by either Start.io or you (as applicable and as agreed between Start.io and you), which shall be displayed and presented on Start.io Inventory or third parties Inventory, for the purpose of promoting and displaying the Advertisements to end users (collectively, each a “Campaign”); and (ii) access to an online dashboard (“Account”), which enables you to obtain daily statistic information and gain important insights per each Campaign, including without limitations, statistical information regarding end users’ click, install, subscription, sale, impression, download, etc. as well as payment information, if applicable (i.e., solely with respect to Self-Service Advertiser, as defined below).
We may change these General Terms from time to time. Changes will take effect and bind you within 30 days as of publishing at: https://www.start.io/policy/advertiser-terms/. We will make reasonable commercial efforts to notify you of any updates to these General Terms by making such updates available on Start.io Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, your continued use of Start.io Solution will be deemed acceptance to amended or updated terms. Start.io recommends that you print out or save a local copy of these General Terms for your records together with the business agreement or partner agreement, as applicable to you.
All capitalized terms that are defined in Appendix A to these General Terms, will have the same meaning when used in these General Terms.
- In order to start using Start.io Solution you must first register and create an Account. During the registration, you undertake to provide accurate and complete information. If you provide information that is untrue or inaccurate, Start.io may suspend or terminate your Account.
- You may not assign or transfer your rights or delegate your duties under the Account without the prior written consent of Start.io.
- You must notify Start.io immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security.
- If you wish to either change your user name or password or any information therein you may do so by logging into your Account and going to “settings”. If you wish to cancel and remove your Advertiser Account, you may contact us with such specific request.
- Scope of Service
- Advertiser has the right and responsibility to determine Campaign’s budget and Campaign Restrictions (which shall include: applicable actions or installs, filters, provisions on the distribution, blacklisted Inventory and prohibited content, as available to you; Collectively: “Campaign Terms”).
- Campaign Terms shall be submitted by Advertiser, and thereafter may be amended or updated, by submission of a request by Advertiser to Start.io at least two (2) business days in advance, either in writing (via email) in the event of a Managed Advertiser, or through Advertiser’s account (in the event of a self-service Advertiser). Campaign Terms (or amended or updated Campaign Terms) shall be in force if accepted by Start.io and can be technically supported by Start.io Solution. Start.io will not be liable for any damages or loss incurred to Advertiser, or any other person as a result of Advertiser’s failure to provide or manage the Campaign Terms. Start.io is not liable for the Inventory (including its content, functionality and features), and will make commercially reasonable efforts to offer Inventory complaint with the Traffic Restrictions agreed by the Parties in the Order.
- Advertiser acknowledges that due to technical limitations and the nature of the Service, the daily advertising cost may exceed the daily budget (if applicable) by up to 20% before the Advertisement are removed from the Inventory. In such event, the excess cost shall be reduced from the total budget or any budget of any one or more of the following days of the Campaign Term, at Start.io’s sole discretion, provided that the advertising cost shall in no event exceed the total budget in more than 10% out of the total budget.
- Start.io has no obligation to provide support, maintenance, updates, upgrades or modifications to Start.io Solution (including the Service).
- License Grant
Subject to the terms and conditions of the Order and these General Terms:
- Advertiser hereby grants Start.io and Publishers a royalty-free, worldwide right and license to (i) use, reproduce, transmit, technically modify, distribute, present, display and otherwise use all or part of Advertiser Materials, for the purpose of providing the Services, including any updates and modifications therein; and (ii) use, present and display Advertiser’s brand name, trademark, icons and images, for use in Start.io’s marketing materials and display on Start.io Website or other media, press releases and posted client list during the Order term and for a period of twelve (12) months thereafter.
Advertiser shall provide Start.io with all applicable documentation and creative necessary to provide the Service. Start.io may modify Advertiser Materials if approved by Advertiser in writing (such approval may be granted per Advertiser Material, category of Advertiser Materials and/or per campaign (email will suffice for approval).
- Start.io grants Advertiser a revocable, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable and non-sublicensable license, during the Term, to access and use the Service solely for the purpose of displaying and promoting Advertiser Materials.
- Start.io retains the right, at its sole discretion, to: (a) determine the scope of Start.io Solution (including the Service) including its features, settings or other tools available through Start.io Solution; (b) modify, upgrade or update or make any other changes to Start.io Solution; (c) cease the operation of Start.io Solution thereof, temporarily or permanently without liability to the Advertiser; and (d) suspend, remove, restrict or disable Advertiser’s access to parts or all of Start.io Solution or Advertisement at any time at Start.io’s sole discretion.
- Advertiser’s Undertakings
- Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that: (a) the timing, location and frequency in which the Advertisement are displayed and distributed shall be determined by Start.io at its sole discretion and subject to the provisions of the IO and these General Terms; (b) the Advertisement may be displayed on the Inventory in conjunction with other Advertisements, products or content; (c) Start.io does not have any obligation to monitor any materials or content available via the Inventory, Advertisements or campaigns, including Advertiser’s Materials; and (d) subject to Section 5.3 (Invalid Traffic), Start.io has no control over and is not responsible for any Inventory, including, but not limited to any alleged Invalid Traffic performed by Publisher(s); and (e) Start.io has no control over the identity of end users exposed to the Campaign, the way such end users may interpret the Advertisement, and the effectiveness of the Campaign.
- The Advertiser hereby undertakes, represents and warrants that: (a) it owns or has the valid legal right or license to use and distribute Advertiser Materials to the extent required hereunder, and the Advertiser Materials do not and will not, infringe or violate any Intellectual Property right or any other third party’s rights; (b) it is the solely responsible for the Advertiser Materials and any content or technology that may be reached or linked via the Advertiser Material; (c) Advertiser Materials will not include any Prohibited Content; (d) Advertiser Material will comply with any applicable laws, regulations and industry best standards, including without limitations the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (“CAN-SPAM”) and any requirements or guidelines of applicable App Stores; (e) it will not use or employ any misleading, fraudulent or inappropriate practices that may deceive the end user or use any non-human, automated and fraudulent means to increase revenues nor shall perform or authorize or encourage any third party to, directly or indirectly, generate impressions, clicks, conversions or other actions with respect to the Advertiser Materials through any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or otherwise invalid action related to the Services including, without limitations, repeated manual clicks, the use of “robots”, spiders or other automated tools or fraudulent use of other search engine optimization services or software, false representation, or any illegal or otherwise invalid for end users to take actions with respect to the Services; (f) it is solely and fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and username of its account, if any, and for all activities that occur under the account. It will not transfer or assign its account’s password, even temporarily, to a third party without Start.io’s prior consent, and will notify Start.io immediately of any unauthorized use of its account or any other breach of security; (g) it is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (h) it is not listed on any list of U.S. Government with respect to prohibited or restricted parties.
- Advertiser agrees that Start.io shall have the right to reject or remove any Advertiser Material(s) if Advertiser Material(s) includes or leads to content which includes Prohibited Content, do not comply with the terms of the IO or these General Terms or violate any applicable laws. Start.io will make commercially reasonable efforts to notice Advertiser with respect to such rejection or removal. it is acknowledged that Start.io does not have any obligation to (a) monitor Advertiser Materials and is not responsible for their accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, legality or applicability, which are all under Advertiser’s sole liability; and (b) monitor Advertiser’s location or any restrictions applicable to the Advertiser.
- Advertiser, or any third party on its behalf, will not: (i) copy, execute or perform publicly, make available to the public, reduce to human readable form, emulate, sell, resell, lease, rent, lend, sublicense, make any commercial use, process, adapt, translate, modify, reproduce, map out, reverse engineer, decompile, unlock, reverse compile, disassemble or create derivative works of the Service; (ii) remove any notices or copyright information; (iii) interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Service, or the servers or networks that host or connect with the Service or make them available; (iv)forward any data generated from or in connection with the Service without the prior written consent of Start.io; (v) use the Service for any illegal, immoral or unauthorized purpose; and (vi) use Start.io name or any other trademarks or service marks of Start.io.
- Reporting, Tracking & Dispute
- The reporting and tracking shall be based on either Start.io’s or Advertiser’s numbers, reports, statistics and tracking, as agreed between the parties upon registration (“Reporting Party”). In the event of CPI and CPA Campaigns the Advertiser is the Reporting Party, and it will provide Start.io with access to a password protected online account, from which it shall receive daily measurements or statistics regarding applicable Campaign (“Reports”). In the event such online account is unavailable, the Advertiser will provide Start.io with a daily email report with the above-mentioned information. Advertiser shall Provide with the final Reports within five (5) calendar days from the end of each calendar month during the term of the Order. In the event the Reports were not provided by Advertiser (including final Reports and or daily or online installs post backs) as aforementioned, from any reason, the Advertiser shall reimburse Start.io with the amount equals to the average conversion rate in the last 3 days of the campaign multiplied by the number of clicks wasted.
In the event of CPC and CPM Campaigns, Start.io is the Reporting Party and Start.io shall provide Advertiser with daily measurements or statistics regarding applicable Campaign either through Advertiser’s account or by providing the Advertiser with Start.io’s report, as agreed between the Parties. Start.io shall provide Advertiser with the final Reports within five (5) calendar days from the end of each calendar month during the term of the Order.
- In the event of discrepancies, the disputing party shall provide the other party with a written notice specifying the reasons for the dispute, no later than thirty (30) calendar days from receipt of Report. Following the receipt of a dispute notice the Parties will cooperate, in good faith, in order to resolve any such dispute. In the event of disagreement with respect to any discrepancies, Start.io’s records shall prevail and be decisive. It is agreed that receipt of a dispute notice or cooperation to resolve any dispute will not affect or delay the payment of any consideration due to Start.io hereunder.
- Invalid Traffic. In the event the Advertiser suspects fraudulent or invalid traffic or activity (“Invalid Traffic”), the Advertiser shall provide Start.io with a written notice, no later than thirty (30) calendar days from the time the alleged Invalid Traffic occurred, specifying the applicable claims as well as needed supporting documentation and details aims, including, without limitations, suspicion reasons, Publisher source, Start.io’s click ids and time frame (“Invalid Traffic Notice”). Start.io shall investigate the applicable claims, and in the event it finds them legitimate it shall make best efforts to collect applicable funds from the Publisher and reimburse the Advertiser, for payments made solely in consideration for the applicable Publisher source. For the avoidance of doubt, any claims with respect to low or non-retention rates or other performance indications shall not constitute sufficient proof as required above. The aforesaid does not impose any liability on Start.io with respect to any Invalid Traffic and Start.io has no liability in this regard other than the above reimbursement.
- In the event of discrepancies or dispute as listed above, if the Parties have not reached an agreement with respect to any disputed amounts prior to the date in which the applicable invoice should be issued, Start.io will issue the invoice according to Start.io’s Reports and may deduct any applicable amounts (if any, according to Start.io’s sole discretion as detailed above) from the invoice which shall be issued following to Start.io’s decisions with respect to such discrepancies or disputes.
- Taxes. Advertiser is solely responsible for payment of any taxes, fees, royalties and/or levies, imposed on or resulting from the IO, other than Start.io’s income tax. If any such taxes are required to be withheld, Advertiser shall pay an amount to Start.io such that the net amount payable to Start.io after withholding of taxes shall equal the amount that would have been otherwise payable under the IO.
- Refunds. In the event of pre-payment account, Advertiser may request for a refund which will be made within ninety (90) days, subject to the following: (i) Start.io reserves the right to deduct applicable fees, including, without limitations, administrative fees, PayPal fees, credit cards fees, etc., subject to Start.io’s sole discretion; and (ii) Advertiser’s right to a refund shall not apply in the event that Start.io terminates the IO due to Advertiser’s breach of the IO or these General Terms or in the event the account was not active for more than 6 months.
- Payment Terms and Method
Payments shall be pre-paid and made in US dollars either through credit card, PayPal or wire-transfer, as agreed by the Parties. Advertiser shall pay Start.io according to the following payment method, as agreed between the parties: CPM, CPC or CPI. Unless explicitly approved in writing by Start.io, CPA payment method is not available. In the event of CPI or CPA payment method, the Advertiser is solely responsible to provide Start.io the applicable definitions and criteria and attribution window for installs or Actions (should it will be agreed between the parties in written), which will be subject to Start.io’s prior approval. Any revisions to the applicable definitions shall be provided to Start.io prior approval seven (7) days in advance.
- Unpaid Charges
Start.io. Start.io is under no obligation to perform or continue with the Service if Advertiser’s charges pursuant to the IO are not fully received by Start.io. Unpaid charges are subject to interest of 1% per month on any outstanding balance, in addition to reasonable collection expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by Start.io in collecting such amounts, which will be paid by Advertiser.
- Intellectual Property. Start.io Solution, the Service and any part thereof (“Start.io Property”) is the sole proprietary of Start.io and its Intellectual Property. All rights related to the Start.io Property are owned solely by Start.io or its licensors and neither the IO nor these General Terms convey any title or ownership rights to Advertiser. Except as provided herein, Start.io retains all right, title and interest in and to Start.io Property, including without limitation any derivatives, improvements and modifications thereto, and all intellectual property rights therein. Advertiser shall abide by all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed in connection with Start.io Property. Advertiser grants Start.io his approval to use Advertiser’s name, Advertiser Materials, icons and images, for use in Start.io’s marketing and display on Start.io Site or other media, or for the purpose of providing the Service including, without limitations, by creating Start.io Creative as well as Start.io’s press releases and posted client list. Subject to the license grant to Start.io in accordance with the IO and/or these General Terms, Advertiser shall retain all right, title and interest in and to the Advertiser Materials.
- Representations and Warranties
Each party represents and warrants to the other party that: (a) the IO (including these General Terms) constitutes a valid and legally binding obligation of it, enforceable against it in accordance with their terms; (b) it has the full corporate right, power and authority to enter into the IO (including these General Terms) and its obligations hereunder; and (c) the execution of the IO (including these General Terms) does not and will not violate any agreement to which it is a party or by which it is otherwise bound.
- The Parties agree to the terms of the Data Processing Agreement available at: https://www.start.io/startio-dpa-advertising, which is incorporated herein by reference, which will apply to collection of data of end users which are subject to GDPR or other jurisdictions which adopt the GDPR or its equivalent.
- Advertiser undertakes as follows:
- to use end users’ data shared with it by Start.io only for the purpose of displaying or offering customized advertisements within the scope of the IO;
- to process end users’ data pursuant to any applicable law (including GDPR, CCPA, where applicable);
- Advertiser will document and truly and immediately (within 48 hours) report to Start.io, by using dedicated API provided by Start.io or otherwise, any choices, requests (or their equivalent) made by end user, or exercise any rights of the end user, under any applicable law, as applicable to the data shared by Start.io with the Advertiser.
- https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/modelcontracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en (as amended or updated from time to time) ("Standard Contractual Clauses") shall be incorporated by reference and form an integral part of this Agreement.
The Service contains valuable proprietary information and trade secrets of Start.io and constitutes Confidential Information of the Start.io. The Advertiser undertakes and agrees that the unauthorized use or disclosure of this Confidential Information could cause irreparable damage to Start.io, and Start.io shall be entitled to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in any jurisdiction in order to enforce the provisions hereof. Advertiser and whom on its behalf, agrees not to disclose the Confidential Information to any third party unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Order and/or these General Terms. In addition, Advertiser shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any third party or to its officers, directors, employees or contractors, except to officers, directors, employees or contractors who have to be informed on a “need-to-know” basis in order to carry out the purpose of the Order and which are bound by confidentiality obligations not less rigorous than those contained herein. Further, the Advertiser agrees to protect against the disclosure of the Confidential Information using reasonable security measures at least as strong as measures used by Advertiser to protect Advertiser’s own confidential information. Upon termination of the Order (or Orders), or upon written request by Start.io, Advertiser must destroy or return to Start.io any Confidential Information.
- No Warranty
- Start.io Solution is provided by Start.io “AS-IS”. Except as expressly provided in these General Terms and to the fullest extent allowable by law, Start.io makes no other warranty of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of compatibility, availability, fitness for a particular use or non-infringement, or those arising in the course of or connected to the performance hereunder, and disclaims such warranties. In addition, Start.io does not represent or warrant that: (i) Start.io Solution, or any of its products, services or software will be error free or that any errors will be corrected; (ii) the operation of Start.io Solution or any of its products, services or software will be uninterrupted or unbreachable; and (iii) Advertiser will profit or derive any economic benefit from usage of Start.io Solution.
- Start.io uses industry standards of data security measures, however Start.io does not and cannot guarantee that storage of any data pertaining to the Advertiser or end users will be secured at all times, and Start.io shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration to any data or information.
- Indemnification. Each party (“Indemnifying Party”) shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the other party and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers (“Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, penalties and claims and all related expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to claims by third parties resulting from the Indemnifying Party’s breach or alleged breach of the Order or these General Terms. The Indemnifying Party’s obligation to hereunder is conditioned upon the Indemnified Party promptly notifying the Indemnifying Party, in writing, within fourteen (14) days of such claim (however, failure to promptly notify will not relieve the Indemnifying Party of its obligations hereunder, except to the extent the Indemnifying Party has been damaged thereby), promptly tendering the control of the defense and settlement to the Indemnifying Party (at the Indemnifying Party’s expense and with the Indemnifying Party’s choice of counsel), and cooperating reasonably with the Indemnifying Party in defending or settling such claim including by providing any necessary information or materials. The Indemnifying Party will not enter into any settlement or compromise of any such claim, which settlement or compromise would result in any liability to the Indemnified Party, without the Indemnified Party’s prior consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld. The Indemnified Party will have the right to participate in the settlement or defense of any such claim at its own expense.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WHATSOEVER SHALL NEITHER START.IO NOR ADVERTISER NOR THEIR AFFILIATES, OR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR REPRESENTATIVES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, LOSS OF SALES, DATA, INFORMATION GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO INFORMATION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, SOFTWARE OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ORDER OR THESE GENERAL TERMS, BASED ON CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING PRODUCTS LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY AND NEGLIGENCE), AND WHETHER OR NOT EITHER PARTY OR AN AFFILIATE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR AN AMOUNT EXCEEDS THE NET CONSIDERATIONS ACTUALLY PAID BY ADVERTISER TO START.IO IN CONNECTION WITH THE ORDER AND/OR ANY SERVICE PROVIDED BY START.IO TO ADVERTISER DURING ONE (1) YEAR PERIOD PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE RELEVANT CLAIM. NO ACTION, SUIT OR PROCEEDING SHALL BE BROUGHT AGAINST START.IO MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DATE OF THE APPLICABLE SERVICE.
- Term & Termination
- Any Order shall be effective as of its submission by Advertiser and acceptance by Start.io and shall be effective until: (i) its End Date or end of budget, as agreed in the Order, including any extensions to the Order; (ii) terminated by either Party as stated below (for each Order: “Order Period”). These General Terms shall be effective during the Order Period.
- Termination for Convenience. Either Party may terminate any Order by providing the other Party with a 48-hour prior written notice; or (b) in the event of prepaid Campaign, the Order shall expire automatically when reached the budget.
- Termination for Cause. Start.io may suspend the Services and/or terminate any Order immediately, and without prior notice in the event that Advertiser breaches the terms of the Order and/or these General Terms.
- Effect of Termination. Upon expiration or termination of the Order, for any reason: (a) all rights and License granted herein shall be terminated immediately; (b) Advertiser’s right to use the Service or Start.io Creative or any part thereof shall cease immediately; and (c) the Campaign shall terminate, and Start.io shall remove the Advertisement from the Inventory.
- Independent Contractors. The Parties are independent contractors under the Order and/or these General Terms. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to create an employment, agency, joint venture or partnership relationship between the Parties or any other legal arrangement that would impose liability upon one Party for the act or failure to act of the other Party. Neither Party shall have any express or implied power to enter into any contracts or commitments or to incur any liabilities on behalf of, the other Party.
- Assignment. Either Party will not assign any of its rights or obligations under any signed Order and/or these General Terms to any person or entity, and any attempt to do so shall be deemed void or a material breach of the Order and/or these General Terms, other than (i) upon merger or acquisition of the assigning Party’s major assets or shares, provided that the assignee will assume all obligations of the assignor; or (ii) Start.io which may assign the IO (including these General Terms) within Start.io Group.
- Audit. Start.io may at its expense, no more than twice every twelve (12) months, engage an external independent accountant (“Auditor”) to audit, during normal business hours and upon at least 10 days’ prior notice by Company to Advertiser, Advertiser's books and records relating to these General Terms and Order(s) and Advertiser's performance of its monetary obligations under this Agreement. The Auditor shall provide Start.io with a written report detailing, as applicable, any discrepancies, if any, discovered. Advertiser will immediately pay any amount in discrepancy as may reasonably be determined by such Auditor following review of such report and discrepancies, and if the final report of such audit reveals an underpayment or other discrepancy of 10% or more during the relevant time period, Advertiser will also reimburse Start.io for all reasonable costs of the audit. Start.io’s right of audit under this section will continue and survive for 1 (one) year following expiration or any termination of the relevant Order or these General Terms.
- Dispute Resolution. Each Party agrees to first contact the other Party and attempt to resolve any dispute informally. If the Parties are not able to resolve the dispute informally, and unless otherwise required by a mandatory law, the Parties agree that any claim, dispute or controversy arising out of or in connection with or relating to any Order(s) and/or these General Terms will be governed by the Laws of the State of New York, United States, without regards to its conflict of laws principles, and shall be brought exclusively before the courts of Manhattan, New York.
It is further agreed that: (i) by entering into these General Terms, each of the Parties agree to waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action; and (ii) all claims must be brought in the Parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding and the competent court may not consolidate more than one person’s claims.
- No Third-Party Beneficiary. The Order and these General Terms, shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of each of the Parties and their respective successors and assignees. Neither any Order signed by the Parties nor these General Terms are made for the benefit of any third party who is not a party hereto, and only the Parties hereto or their respective successors and permitted assigns will acquire or have any benefit, right, remedy or claim under or by reason of any Order or these General Terms.
- Minors. To use Start.io Solution, you must be over the age of thirteen (13). Start.io reserves the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using Start.io Solution. In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of thirteen (13) is using Start.io Solution, we will prohibit and block such user from accessing or using Start.io Solution.
- Waiver. No waiver of any provision hereof or of any right or remedy hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by the Party against whom such waiver is sought to be enforced. No delay in exercising, no course of dealing with respect to, or no partial exercise of any right or remedy hereunder shall constitute a waiver of any other right or remedy, or future exercise thereof.
- Entire Agreement.The Order and these General Terms sets forth the entire understanding between the Parties with respect to the subject matter herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous, written agreements and discussions concerning the subject matter of the Order and/or these General Terms.
- Severability. In the event any clause of the Order and/or these General Terms is determined to be void or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such clause shall be interpreted as necessary to give maximum force to the provisions thereof, and the validity and enforceability of the remainder of the Order and/or these General Terms shall not be affected.
- Force Majeure. Neither Party shall be liable hereunder for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder due to any condition beyond its reasonable control.
“Advertisement” or “Ad” means any sort of advertising materials, including text, images, video, ads, content, photo, sounds, graphics, music, logos and any other materials or content promoting the goods and services or mobile application, software, etc., supported or facilitated by the Services. Advertisement may be created by Advertiser (or its behalf) and/or by using Start.io Creative Services,
“Advertiser Materials” means (i) Advertiser’s Ads, apps, goods, services and other creative, content, screenshots, pictures, videos, or images which Advertiser wish to promote through the Campaign; and (ii) Advertiser’s logo, trademarks, tradenames, copyrights and images.
“App Stores” means any application stores or marketplaces of Mobile Applications, including Apple’s App Store and Google Play or their equivalent.
“Campaign” means promoting and displaying Advertiser’s Materials throughout the Inventory, pursuant to the campaign parameters and restrictions.
“CCPA” means California Consumer Privacy Act, Cal. Civ. Code Title 1.81.5, § 1798.100 – 1798.199.
“Confidential Information” means any proprietary, confidential and/or trade secret information of a Party, written or oral, whether or not marked or designated as confidential, whether furnished before or after the date of the Order and regardless of the manner in which it is furnished. Confidential Information may include, without limitation, information related to a Party and any of its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, services, data, marketing, operations, business and financial plans, policies, practices, strategies, surveys, analyses and forecasts, financial information, customer lists, Inventions (as defined below), know-how, techniques, processes, development, practices, computer readable media or other materials in whatever form, business relationships and any information which, given the totality of the circumstances, a reasonable person should have reason to believe is proprietary, confidential, or competitively sensitive. Confidential Information may be disclosed either in tangible or intangible form. Confidential Information shall not include information that (a) has become part of the public domain not as a result of a breach of any obligation owed by the receiving Party to the disclosing Party; (b) was in possession of the receiving Party prior to disclosure of the Confidential Information by the disclosing Party; (c) the receiving Party rightfully obtains from a third party who has the right to transfer or disclose it, without default or breach of its undertakings for confidentiality hereunder; (d) the receiving Party can demonstrate in its records to have independently developed, without breach of its undertakings for confidentiality hereunder and/or any use of the Confidential Information; or (e) is required to be disclosed by any applicable law or regulation or any order of a court of competent jurisdiction or governmental agencies. If a particular portion or aspect of the Confidential Information becomes subject to any of the foregoing exceptions, all other portions or aspects of such information shall remain subject to all of the provisions of the Order or these General Terms.
“CPC” means cost per click.
“CPI” means cost per install.
“CPM” means cost per mile and impression.
“Creative Services” means the services which will be provided by Start.io as agreed in the Order, which may include Ads design and/or production of custom-made Ad, in accordance with Ads parameters requested by Advertiser and accepted by Start.io.
“GDPR” means General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
“Intellectual Property Rights” shall mean all worldwide (a) patents, patent applications and patent rights; (b) rights associated with works of authorship, including copyrights, copyrights applications, copyrights restrictions; (c) Moral Rights; (d) rights relating to the protection of trade secrets and confidential information; (e) design rights and industrial property rights; (f) rights relating to intangible property, including, without limitation: trademarks, service marks and applications therefore, trade names and packaging and all goodwill associated with the same; (g) divisions, continuation, renewals, reissues and extensions of the foregoing (as applicable) now existing or hereafter filed, issued, or acquired; (h) all rights to sue for any infringement of any of the foregoing rights and the right to all income, royalties, damages and payments with respect to any of the foregoing rights; and (i) rights similar to those set forth. “Moral Rights” means any right to claim authorship of a work, any right to object to any distortion or other modification of a work, and any similar right, existing under the law of any country in the world, or under any treaty.
“Inventory” means various digital assets licensed by Publishers, Developers and/or SSPs to Start.io for the purpose of displaying Advertisements, which will be used by Start.io to provide the Services, as will be determined by Start.io, and subject to the Traffic Restrictions agreed in the Order (if any).
“Order” means online or offline engagement of Advertiser and Start.io for the performance of Campaign throughout Start.io Solution, subject to the Campaign’s specifications and these General Terms.
“Managed Advertiser” means an Advertiser that has a designated account manager managing its Campaign.
“Mobile App(s)” means any customized software/mobile application which is developed and designed for displaying on mobile phone device.
”Party” means either Start.io or Advertiser (together: ”Parties”).
"Prohibited Content" means any content which: (a) includes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offense, could give rise to civil liability, or may violate any applicable law; (b) violates, misappropriates, or infringes any third-party Intellectual Property Rights, rights of privacy and publicity, or other proprietary or legal rights; (c) endorse or promote of content which is adult content, pornographic, sexual, obscene, excessively profane, racist, ethnically offensive, threatening, infringing, excessively violent, libelous, gambling and gambling-related (including games of skill that offer prizes of cash or other value), or discriminatory activity, promotes illegal drugs or arms trafficking, counterfeiting money, offensive, misleading or deceptive material; (d) promotes, advocates or facilitates terrorism, terrorist-related activities or violence; (e) contains any Nazi symbols or references; (f) causes, supports or leads to installation or un-installation of a Mobile App that is generated without an accurate and conspicuous disclosure and without informed consent or any other similar practices; (g) hacking to a Mobile App or using a Mobile App in order to hack into public or private infrastructure or equipment; (h) is any type of malware or spyware, contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; (i) materially interferes or disrupts web navigation or browsing; (j) has adversely affect public or private infrastructure or equipment use; (k) interferes with the operability of third-party programs, apps or software on the end users’ device, including removes, disables, deactivates or uninstalls the applications and products previously installed on the end user's device; (l) hacks or interferes with the Inventory or any part thereof; (m) does not comply with age restrictions agreed in the Order; (n) when displayed in the Geo agreed in the Order may be considered a criminal offense or could give rise to civil liability, or violates any applicable law; or (o) redirecting traffic or replacing web pages or any other pages available in a Mobile App to web pages or other pages which promote content or products which may adversely affect the use of the Mobile App and/or violates any of the prohibitions contained herein.
“Publisher” or “Developer” means a third party which owns, operates or develops Mobile App(s), and is engaged with Start.io in a license agreement which authorizes Start.io to collect end user data from end users which use its Mobile App(s) and display advertisements within its Mobile App(s), all through Start.io Solution.
“Self-Service Advertiser” means an Advertiser that registered and created an Account in which it manages its own Campaigns throughout the applicable Account.
“Services” means the following actions (i) display and deliver of Advertisement displayed and presented on the Inventory; and/or (ii) Creative Services agreed by the Parties in the IO (if any).
“Start.io” or “Start.io Group” means Start.io Inc. and any entity which, directly or indirectly, being controlled Start.io Inc.
“Start.io Solution” means (i) SDK developed by Start.io and installed in Publisher or Developer Apps pursuant to its license agreement with Start.io; (ii) ad-serving platform which provides the Service: (iii) platform which engages (a) requests for Advertisements’ display on the Inventory (supply side); with (b) Advertisements provided to Start.io inter alia by advertisers and Advertisements networks (including the Advertiser).
Last update: January 7, 2021